02 March 2015

Feral Hog Wash

Now, before I begin, I have to say if one encounters a feral hog without a firearm, loaded, aimed and off safety, one is not likely to win the fight.  The will literally chew a tree refuge out from under you if they choose.  They're fast and ferocious.  Think Tasmanian Devil . . . in your backyard.  Reports have surfaced of feral hogs 'taking over' in Williamson County, TX.  Considering WC's reputation as the second strictest county in these united States ("Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation"), the pigs may just balance the kaama for the 'pigs' overbearing tactical taxation policies.   But I digress.

I've seen ONE animal of this genus in all my years outside, that near Cottonwood Campground, Big Bend National Park.  Given BBNP is the remotest u.S. National Park and the specimen could care less about me and mine in his neighborhood, s/he seemed to be focused on easier prey, I'm wouldn't be overly concerned about the prospects of meeting feral hogs outside . . . unless, of course, I'm in Williamson County . . . or Georgetown proper!  Enjoy readers!  Feral Hog Wash


No comments:

Post a Comment